How to inspect yoga mats
Regarding yoga mats, the difference in performance between different materials is very large, followed by different production processes for the same material, and different additives, which will also cause great differences in performance. During the yoga mat inspection process, we will comprehensively inspect and test the friction, tensile strength, elasticity, craftsmanship, and service life of the product.
The performance test method of yoga mat is as follows:
1. If it ’s a PVC yoga mat, do n’t open it and smell the top of the mat with your nose. If it has a pungent taste, it is likely that the quality is not enough.
2. Pinch the yoga mat with your thumb and forefinger to try out pressure resistance and resilience.
3． Wipe the yoga mat with an eraser to see if the material is easy to crack or if there are traces when you pull it lightly.
4． Gently push the surface of the mat with your palm to have a dry feeling. If there is too much foaming agent on the surface of the mat, it will feel slippery, so it is easy to slip and fall when doing exercises on it.
Sensory test of yoga mat:
1. Overall appearance-The product has a neat appearance, the color and luster are basically uniform, and the pattern is basically the same. There are no obvious scratches, impurities, bubbles, depressions, cracks and holes.
2. Surface-the surface is basically uniform, there should be no obvious deformation, no sharp corners, burrs.
3. Edge-The edges should be neat and smooth, without obvious burrs.
4. Text patterns-text and patterns should be clear and complete
International standards for yoga mat sizes:
PVC material: length: 173CM, width: 61CM, thickness: 0.6CM
CMTPE material: length: 173CM, width 61CM, thickness: 0.55CM
Basically are standard size 173 * 61CM. The thickness of PVC yoga mat is generally 6MM.