What are the common furniture materials?
There are many types of furniture products, and their manufacturing processes and materials are also very different. For professional furniture inspectors, it is important to have a good understanding of the properties and characteristics of each furniture material. Only in this way can hidden defects and potential hazards be discovered during the furniture inspection process. Let's take a look at a few kinds of commonly used furniture materials.
Classification of furniture materials:
Furniture basic materials are divided into nine categories: solid wood, wood-based panels, leather, cloth, sponge, glass, metal, plastic.
A. Solid wood
Solid wood is directly processed from natural wood
B. Artificial board
Wood-based panels are commonly used in density boards, melamine boards, solid wood sandwich panels, (nine plywood, seven plywood, five plywood, plywood) commonly known as plywood, cardboard, and so on.
1. Density board: Density boards made of wood powder and mixed viscous objects are divided into medium density boards and low density boards.
(Commonly known as particleboard) Specifications are: 1cm and 1.2cm (used as drawer side panels) 1.5cm and 1.8cm are used for door panels, cabinets and other main components; 3mm and 5mm are used for cabinet back panels, drawer bottom plates.
2. Melamine board: An electrostatic material is pasted on the density board, and the surface can be used without spraying paint. Specifications are: 1cm, 2cm, 1.5cm, 1.8cm, etc., the purpose is the same as the density board.
3. Solid wood sandwich panel: It is made of two pieces of plywood and solid wood pieces. (Press the solid wood pieces in the middle and stick a piece of plywood).
4. Plywood: It is a thin board with three or more layers, which is cut from veneer or veneer into thin wood and then glued with adhesive. (The solid wood is planed by a planer with a size of 1mm, and the plywood is pressed with seven layers of planers.
Leather types are divided into: imitation leather, environmental protection leather, microfiber leather, genuine leather
1. Imitation leather: Leather made by artificial imitation of animal skins. Features: rough, hard texture, no toughness, no gloss, no odor, poor air permeability. Specification is 0.3mm
2. Environmental protection leather: The production method is the same as imitation leather. Features: Same as imitation leather, but imitation leather is fine-grained, and environmental protection leather is coarse-grained.
3. Microfiber leather: It is made by artificially imitating animal fur. During the production process, the down of the artificial fiber is very similar to animal fur. Features: smoother, softer texture, good toughness, non-gloss, odorless, and breathable. Specification 1.2mm
4, genuine leather: is made directly from animal fur. Features: smooth, soft, good toughness, shiny surface, odor, and good air permeability. Specifications: 1mm-2mm The leather used in furniture is mainly cowhide and pigskin.
(1) Leather is divided into: the first layer of leather: good gloss, toughness, excellent breathability, thick leather.
Two-layer cowhide: good gloss, toughness, relatively poor breathability, thin leather.
(2) Compared with pigskin and cowhide, the luster, toughness, and permeability are weak, and the pores are large, such as pinholes. The cowhide has almost no pores, and the leather is smooth and smooth.
Stone types are divided into natural stone and artificial stone.
1. Natural stone: It is directly made of natural stone. Features: There are stone roots and stone patterns. Natural stone is divided into whole stone and parquet: whole stone refers to the whole stone, without splicing, and has higher value. The stone is divided into multiple pieces, the shape and graphics are beautiful and generous, but the value is lower than the whole stone.
2. Artificial stone: It is made by adding artificial chemical ingredients. Features: No stone roots, no natural stone texture.
The materials used in furniture fabrics are: blended and linen.
(1) Blended: A material made from natural fibers mixed with artificial fibers.
(2) Linen: refers to the material made of natural fibers by artificial means.
Sponge is used as a filling material for fabric sofas. Sponges are divided into two types: forming sponge and doll cotton.’
(1) The forming sponge has various densities, including 28 °, 35 °, 40 °, 45 °, and 50 °. Each density has soft, medium soft, super soft, hard, medium hard, and extra hard. A high-density sponge has a strong resilience, and a sponge with a high resilience is a good sponge.
Furniture materials are classified into glass materials and ceramic materials. If floor tiles are used for floor decoration in the home, many are glazed tiles or polished tiles, which is a kind of ceramic material. And glass materials appear on windows and chandeliers and other facilities. There are also glass door designs on some cabinets, which use glass materials.