Classification and causes of color difference of clothing fabrics
The quality of the fabric is as important as the workmanship. The color difference of clothing is mainly caused by the color difference of the fabric. If the color difference of the fabric is less, the color difference of the produced clothing will be less. It can be said that the problem of chromatic aberration is the main problem facing the garment industry at present.
In order to use fabrics reasonably, save money, reduce costs, and not delay the progress of clothing production, the problem of fabric color differences can be overcome by using modern intelligent color measurement and matching systems and other functional equipment in the garment production process or reduce the severity of color differences.
Common fabric color difference classification
1. The most common color differences of left, middle, and right color differences (including dark and light edges). Placing fabrics according to color differences can slightly adjust the color difference effect, but it cannot completely eliminate the color difference;
2. The color difference before and after a roll of fabric, the discharge is generally adjusted within 2 meters;
3. Positive and negative chromatic aberration;
4. Color difference between two rolls of cloth;
5. Piece-to-piece color difference;
6. Incompatible color samples (including the color difference between samples and products, and the color difference between sample transactions and products).
Color difference classification of common clothing
1. Color difference between parts;
2. Color difference between up and down, left and right in the same part;
3. The color difference between a set of clothing internals;
4. A batch of middle box and box color difference, one and one color difference.
Cause of fabric color difference
Different types of fabrics have different fiber compositions, different types of dyes and process equipment used in dyeing, and different requirements and characteristics in dyeing processing. The causes and performance of defects are different. Chromatic aberrations are diverse in appearance, but the main reasons are as follows.
1. The dye is unevenly distributed on the fabric in advance: before the dye is fixed, if the dye is unevenly distributed on various parts of the fabric, a color difference will inevitably be formed after fixing. The main reasons for this phenomenon are:
1) Fabric factors: Due to different fiber properties or insufficient pre-treatment, boiling, bleaching, and insufficient silk penetration, the permeability of the semi-finished product before dyeing is uneven, resulting in differences in the degree of dye absorption.
2) Liquid absorption factors: due to mechanical structure or improper operation, the liquid carrying rate of each part of the fabric is inconsistent, resulting in color difference. The uneven pressure of the rollers and the uneven addition of dyeing materials will make the fabric absorb uneven dyes.
3) Pre-baking factors: When pre-baking after the padding dyeing solution, due to the inconsistent drying rate and degree, the dyes migrate to different degrees, and the dyes are unevenly distributed on the fabric.
2. The degree of fixation of dyes on fabrics is different: Although the initial distribution of dyes on the fabric is uniform, if the conditions are not properly controlled during the fixation process (such as temperature, time, concentration of dyestuff, etc.), some parts of the fabric will be The dye is not fully fixed, and is removed during post-treatment soaping, resulting in color difference.
3. Variation of dye color light: This difference is not caused by uneven dye distribution on the fabric, but due to some reasons, the color light of some dyes on the fabric changes. Generally there are several reasons:
1) Factors before dyeing: The whiteness of the semi-finished products is uneven or the pH value is greatly different, which often causes differences in color and light after dyeing.
2) Dyeing factors: For example, the hot-melt temperature of disperse dyes is too high, which makes the color light of some dyes dim; the excessive reduction of reducing dyes will also make the color light different.
3) Post-dyeing factors: In the finishing process, such as resin finishing, high-temperature tentering, and different pH values on the fabric, etc., it will cause varying degrees of dye shade.
4) Soaping: If the soaping is not sufficient, the hair color will be insufficient and the color will be inaccurate.
The color difference of the fabric affects the quality of a piece of clothing, so the color difference test of the fabric is very important during the garment inspection process.