Common problems and solutions in the use of medical protective clothing hot melt adhesive strips
Due to the surge in demand for medical protective clothing in the international market, many Chinese factories began to produce protective clothing.
Many factories do not fully understand the production process and technical requirements of such products, so there will be a lot of confusion during the selection of fabrics and adhesive strips, and there are many quality problems, which cause the goods to fail to meet the requirements of use, and even bring users There is a security risk.
In general, the problems that occur during the glue pressing process are: the fabric is not resistant to temperature, holes are formed during the glue pressing process, the adhesion is not strong enough, and the glue is opened within a few days after being pressed. These reasons will lead to the failure of the glue, the test is not enough. A comprehensive analysis of the following reasons is available for reference:
A. Solution of fabric holes in the production process:
1. Replace the low temperature hot melt adhesive strip;
2. Lower the temperature;
3. Reduce the air volume;
4. Slow down the injection time;
5. Speed up the injection head leaving time.
B. Solutions of insufficient adhesion:
1. Understand whether the temperature of the glue injector is too low and the temperature has not reached the melting point of the rubber strip. The test method is very simple, find a piece of cotton cloth, press it, if it can stick, then it is not a temperature problem. If you can't stick it, you can increase the temperature of the injection glue.
2. The materials are not compatible. At present, there are many kinds of glue in the Chinese market, and some factories have tested dozens of kinds of glue strips, which can not stick to the fabric. This phenomenon needs to find a hot-melt adhesive company with R&D capabilities for targeted R&D.
3. Fabric composite membranes are currently dominated by PE and TPU. Consult the fabric manufacturer for the material of the membrane. Generally, the coated PE material can use high and low temperature EVA rubber strips and polyolefin rubber strips. For TPU coating, choose PU adhesive strips (not many on the market).
C. Solution of degumming after a few days:
The surface of the fabric coating has been treated, and the bonding will appear false. It's good when there is adhesion, but it won't work in a few days. This kind of phenomenon is very common in the hot melt adhesive bonding process. The solution is to use low-temperature fat-soluble rubber strips, which is easy to penetrate.