Knowledge of pajamas fabrics
As a third-party quality inspection company in China, NBN Inspection provides clothing inspection services for global buyers in Chinese factories. After years of quality control and inspection practices, we have accumulated a large number of experience.
The quality of apparel fabrics is a key factor in the overall quality of products. Here we will share the basic knowledge of pajamas fabrics.
1. What is the fabric weight?
The fabric weight is used to express the thickness of the fabric, the greater the weight, the thicker the fabric. The weight of pajamas is generally between 220 grams and 600 grams, too thin will be very transparent, too thick will be stuffy, generally choose between 220-600 grams. (Short-sleeved summer pajamas are generally based on 180-220 grams because the thickness is more suitable for wearing. Long-sleeved new autumn and winter pajamas generally choose 600 grams of fabric, which is thicker)
2. What is fabric count?
Definition: The number of length yards of cotton yarn with a nominal weight of one pound.
Coarse yarn: Generally, pure cotton yarn with 17 or less counts is used to weave thick fabrics or piled looped cotton fabrics.
Medium count yarn: generally 19-28 pure cotton yarn. Most of them are used for knitted garments with general requirements, such as some new autumn and winter pajamas.
Fine yarn: 29-60 pure cotton yarn. Most of them are used in high-grade knitted cotton fabrics. The higher the number, the softer, some summer and autumn thin pajamas are generally 22 and 33.
3. What is combed fabric?
Pajama cotton yarn can be divided into carded and combed yarn. Carded yarn: Generally, the yarn spun by carded spinning process can also be called uncombed yarn. Combed yarn: Generally, high-quality cotton fiber is used as the fabric. When spinning, it will increase the combing process and produce the yarn. The surface of the fabric is relatively neat and soft to the touch.
4. What are the techniques for printing pajamas?
Pajama printing is basically divided into two processes: screen printing and transfer printing. Screen printing: The technology is more complicated, mainly including design, film production, printing, printing and drying. The advantages of screen printing are high color fastness, durability and washability.
Screen printing has a relatively high cost of plate making, so mass production is required to reduce costs, and generally cannot meet single-piece or very small batch printing. Transfer printing: also known as heat transfer. The advantage is that the color is bright and the technology is relatively simple and easy to use. The disadvantage is that the pattern is not durable, not resistant to abrasion and washing.
5. How to singe the pajamas?
The characteristic of singeing treatment is to remove the fluff formed on the surface of the yarn due to unwound fibers and protruding fibers, so that the pajamas fabrics are smoother and more beautiful, and the pajamas fabrics are evenly colored and can print clear and fine patterns.
6. What are the advantages of cotton fabrics for autumn and winter pajamas? And why add spandex?
The characteristic of pure cotton fabric is that it has a good hand feel and is comfortable and environmentally friendly to wear, but it is easy to wrinkle. Adding a small amount of spandex yarn can significantly change the physical properties of the fabric, greatly increase the elasticity of the fabric, while maintaining the texture and comfort of pure cotton.
In addition, the addition of spandex to the neckline of the new autumn and winter pajamas can prevent the neckline from becoming loose and deformed and maintain its lasting elasticity. How many types of pajamas fabrics are there, let's talk about it below:
1. Ordinary pajamas cotton fabric Casual pajamas are mostly made of ordinary pure cotton materials. The original pajamas are comfortable to wear, but they are slightly less crisp. It is easy to wrinkle and deform easily after entering the water.
2. The mercerized cotton fabric is made of ordinary pure cotton fabric. The pajamas made of this material are comfortable to wear The mercerized cotton fabric is made of cotton as raw material. After three processes, it is worsted into a high-woven yarn, and then subjected to special processing procedures such as singeing and mercerizing to make a smooth, soft and wrinkle-resistant high-quality mercerized yarn. The high-quality and excellent knitted fabric made of this raw material not only completely retains the natural characteristics of raw cotton, but also has silk-like luster and softness. The fabric feels soft, absorbs moisture and breathes, and has good elasticity and drape. In addition, it is rich in colors and colors. The pajamas made in this way are comfortable and casual to wear, and can fully reflect the taste and temperament of the wearer.
3. Cotton double mercerized fabric Pure cotton double mercerized fabric is a "double burnt double silk" pure cotton product. It uses singeing and mercerizing as the raw material, using CAD computer-aided design system and CAM computer-aided production system, which can be woven quickly Designed pattern fabric, after singeing and mercerizing the grey fabric again, after a series of finishing, this high-quality knitted fabric is produced. The brand pajamas made of this fabric have bright and shiny surface, smooth feel and texture. Clear, new pattern, better than mercerized cotton, but because of the need for two mercerizing finishing, the price is generally slightly more expensive.
4. Ultra-high count yarn pure cotton fabric, which is rarely used by companies, because the price is very expensive. The price of 122-thread cotton pajama fabric is as high as 220 yuan per kilogram, while the price of 200-thread cotton T-shirt fabric is even more expensive. It is higher, reaching more than 3,200 a kilogram, and the cotton brand pajama fabric of about 240 yarns needs as high as 1,700 pounds, and China has not yet produced this kind of fabric.
Commonly used fabrics for pajamas and cultural shirts include: polyester-cotton hexagonal, four-corner mesh, herringbone pattern, composite rib, cotton jersey, polyester-cotton single and double-sided, pure cotton, and striped mesh. It is not easy to deform, but it is less comfortable to wear than pure cotton.
Common The characteristics of polyester-cotton fabric: it is not easy to be deformed by washing, and it feels thick and soft, but it is slightly less comfortable to wear than pure cotton. Common polyester cotton is 81% cotton, 19% polyester or 60% cotton, and 40% polyester. Features of pure cotton fabric: good hand feel, comfortable to wear and environmentally friendly. The weight is between 170g and 300g. Too thick will cause sultry and too thin will be very transparent.
Generally choose between 170-270 grams and the count is average. It is about 22 and 31. It refers to the average number of cotton fiber length. The higher the number, the softer. The veil is divided into normal yarn, semi-finished yarn and refined yarn. The surface of normal yarn fabrics will be rougher, especially the color comparison The dark fabric will have white yarn points. The surface of the fine yarn fabric is relatively neat and soft to the touch.