Which keeps you warm better, cashmere or wool?
Wool and cashmere are two different components of wire. Before we answer this question, we need to know the difference between wool and cashmere.
1. Wool: The wool of sheep. The wool fiber is soft and elastic, which can be used to make wool, blankets and other daily necessities. (Suitable for structured coats and casual sweaters). The world's largest sheep wool production countries have Australia, the former Soviet Union, New Zealand, Argentina, China and so on. According to fineness and length, sheep wool can be divided into five categories: fine wool, semi-fine wool, long wool, hybrid wool and coarse wool.
2. Cashmere：The wool on a goat's body is called cashmere, which is called cashmere. Cashmere is a thin layer of fine wool that grows in the outer skin of goats and covers the root of their coarse hair. It grows out in cold winter to resist wind chill and falls off after warm spring. It naturally ADAPTS to the climate and is a rare special animal fiber. The surface scales of cashmere fiber are small and smooth, and there is an air layer in the middle of the fiber, so it is light in weight, smooth in the hand, comfortable and natural to wear, and has good reduction characteristics, especially in the non-shrinkage after washing, good shape preservation and so on. (suitable for close-fitting clothes design, soft and warm for south humidity, the weather is cold, the preferred wire).
The contrast of cashmere and wool
1. Due to their high cashmere natural curl, closely packed in the spinning weaving, holding force, so the warmth retention property good, 1.5 ~ 2 times that of wool.
2. The leather content of cashmere is higher than that of wool, and the rigidity of cashmere fiber is better than that of wool, that is, cashmere is softer than wool.
3. The fineness unevenness of cashmere is smaller than that of wool, and the appearance quality of its products is better than that of wool.
4. Cashmere fibre fineness uniformity, its density is smaller than the wool, circular cross section for more rules, its products than wool products thin.
5. The hygroscopic property of cashmere is better than wool, which can fully absorb dyes and is not easy to fade. The moisture recovery rate is high and the resistance value is relatively large.
6. The acid and alkaline resistance of wool is better than that of cashmere, and the damage is less when encountering oxidants and reducing agents than that of cashmere.
7. Usually the pilling resistance of wool products better than the cashmere products, but felting shrinkage.